Build a specific branch

Sonny Sasaka

Jun 15, 2017, 6:01:20 PM6/15/17
to chromiu...@chromium.org
Hi Chromium OS Ninjas,

I am trying to build Chrome OS for a specific version (i.e. 9064.0.0). However I can't find that branch name in the repo (I was looking for stabilize-9064). Is there a way to build this specific version? Thank you!

Bernie Thompson

Jun 15, 2017, 6:14:17 PM6/15/17
to Sonny Sasaka, Chromium OS dev
Chrome OS does not have a branch for every version, we only make branches where we need to release a sub version (e.g. 9064.1.0).

However we do save manifests for every version so you should be able to recreate it, the manifests are all stored in https://chrome-internal.googlesource.com/chromeos/manifest-versions/ where you should be able to find a manifest file for your particular version that specifies the git hashes that were used in the build.

If you pull one of these manifest files, you should be able to point repo at it with -m and get a set of sources that match what that version had.

-Bernie

On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 3:00 PM, Sonny Sasaka <sonny...@chromium.org> wrote:
Hi Chromium OS Ninjas,

I am trying to build Chrome OS for a specific version (i.e. 9064.0.0). However I can't find that branch name in the repo (I was looking for stabilize-9064). Is there a way to build this specific version? Thank you!

Sonny Sasaka

Jun 15, 2017, 6:38:50 PM6/15/17
to Bernie Thompson, Chromium OS dev
Thanks, Bernie. I will try that.

Sonny Sasaka

Jun 15, 2017, 8:33:16 PM6/15/17
to Bernie Thompson, Chromium OS dev
I am able to checkout the code using that manifest. Now I am wondering whether ./build_packages will build Chrome or will use an existing Chrome binary.

Is there a way to specify build_packages to use a pre-built Chrome binary?

Mike Frysinger

Jun 15, 2017, 8:36:23 PM6/15/17
to Sonny Sasaka, Bernie Thompson, Chromium OS dev
build_packages by default should use binary packages.  when it prints the summary, just look at the lines for "[ebuild" vs "[binary" at the start.
-mike

Sonny Sasaka

Jun 17, 2017, 2:47:23 PM6/17/17
to Mike Frysinger, Bernie Thompson, Chromium OS dev
Got it. Thanks, Mike!
This conversation is locked