Problem chromeos-install --dst /dev/sda

Maxime Vérin

Aug 18, 2016, 4:55:51 PM8/18/16
to Chromium OS dev
Hy guys,

When I'm in the dev tab putting in the line : chromeos-install --dst /dev/sda , I get a response that Chromium is checking my SSD for bad sections. After the 100% with no errors, it just reboots the UI, not installing the OS to the SSD.
Is this because I'm using a SSD?

Thank you

Maxime Vérin

Aug 18, 2016, 4:59:27 PM8/18/16
to Chromium OS dev
Error : src and dst are the same: /dev/sda = /dev/sda
Running a hw diagnostics test -- this might take a couple minutes
Checking block 0 to 15668223

Luigi Semenzato

Aug 18, 2016, 5:16:41 PM8/18/16
to Maxime Vérin, Chromium OS dev
There is the problem that you're trying to install with the same
source and destination, but we probably should not run HW diagnostics
in that case.

As for the UI "reboot" (I assume you mean Chrome crashes and restarts)
I don't know, I din't think it should happen. You may want to look at
the Chrome log and see why it crashed.
> --

Luigi Semenzato

Aug 18, 2016, 5:40:25 PM8/18/16
to Maxime Vérin, Chromium OS dev
You mean "how do I install Chrome OS"?

Have you tried "chromeos-install" without arguments? That normally
works, by installing the image from your external storage device to
the internal SSD. If your chromebook has an eMMC disk controller, the
destination device is usually /dev/mmcblk0, which will be used as the
default.

Have you found official Google instructions which include using --dst
/dev/sda? If you did we'd like to know about it so we can fix them.
Otherwise there isn't much we can do.

On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 2:25 PM, Maxime Vérin
<maxime.v...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well then how do I install Chrome to my disk?
This conversation is locked