Re: PSA: old branches have an incompatible GSUtil

Jason Clinton

May 14, 2018, 5:06:31 PM5/14/18
to Chrome OS Continuous Integration Team
bcc:chromium-os-dev

Cloud Storage has made an infrastructure change that has left our older branches unable to communicate with Cloud Storage. The error from gsutil looks like this:
_ssl.c:510: error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed.
If you try to build an old branch affected by this, you'll see this error in the logs. To fix it, cherry-pick https://chromium-review.googlesource.com/c/chromiumos/chromite/+/373073 in to your branch. That will resolve the problem. More details in https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=839949 .

Unfortunately, there's no way to automate this.

In mid-2019, we plan to no longer branch gsutil with the rest of the code; that will prevent this from ever happening again.

This conversation is locked