chromium OS to google onhub

Mallikarjun Phulari

Sep 19, 2016, 8:11:33 AM9/19/16
to Chromium OS dev
Hi i had built disk image for arm-generic architecture using the chromium os source code.
i have followed the steps of chromium os developer guide to build a image.
I have put the latest built image on a pen drive using cros flash.

Now i am trying to boot the google on hub from my pen drive. but it is not booting.

Can you please let me know how to boot the on hub from the pen drive which has chromium os

ggg

Sep 19, 2016, 1:30:03 PM9/19/16
to Chromium OS dev

On Monday, September 19, 2016 at 5:11:33 AM UTC-7, Mallikarjun Phulari wrote:
Hi i had built disk image for arm-generic architecture using the chromium os source code.

Hi Mallikarjun,

I don't think arm-generic will be useful on any OnHub device - too many drivers are missing. I've not tried it but I think you need to build either whirlwind or arkham targets for at least the chromeos-kernel-3_14 package.

i have followed the steps of chromium os developer guide to build a image.
I have put the latest built image on a pen drive using cros flash.

Now i am trying to boot the google on hub from my pen drive. but it is not booting.

Have you put your Onhub device into Developer Mode?

Do a google search for "onhub developer mode" if you haven't - note that not all instructions are correct - might have to try several to get the right sequence. :(

Can you please let me know how to boot the on hub from the pen drive which has chromium os

Sorry, as a Google employee I can't help with this due to legal/regulatory constraints. :( You'll have to see what you can find on the internet.

cheers,
grant

Justin S

Dec 23, 2016, 9:11:05 AM12/23/16
to Chromium OS dev
Did you get anywhere with this? Are you using a TP-LINK or ASUS version of the OnHub?
This conversation is locked