Kernel cmdline parameters

Paco GB

Jan 17, 2017, 11:52:09 AM1/17/17
to Chromium OS dev
Hi again,

Trying to understand how the ChromeOS kernel works, I have some questions about the kernel cmdline parameters "root_hexdigest" and "salt" I would want to ask you:
- How are those two parameters generated?
- Are they different for the Kernel A and Kernel B?
Thank you!

Mike Frysinger

Jan 17, 2017, 1:44:38 PM1/17/17
to Paco GB, Chromium OS dev
those are standard dm-verity parameters.  please see the upstream verity docs:

as for diff between kernel a & kernel b, the kernel doesn't care.  the values reflect the rootfs, so if root a is diff from root b, then the parameters will be diff too.
-mike

Paco GB

Jan 23, 2017, 12:38:54 PM1/23/17
to Chromium OS dev, fbl...@gmail.com