Re: [cros-dev] Servo Board connection

Vadim Bendebury

Sep 8, 2016, 9:57:57 AM9/8/16
to Goh, Chromium OS dev
I don't know what board Kefka is, but from the look of the screen you seem to have two servos connected to your host, so the  servod program does not know which one you want to connect to.

What exactly are you trying to do?

--vb

On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 11:01 PM, Goh <heran...@compal.com> wrote:
Hi Chromium OS dev group ,

Today we recieved 4pcs Servo Board from Google , but these 4pcs board cannot successful to our DUT (Kefka)

The host always shows below messages :
"servod Info - found servo , vid :0x0403 pid :0x6011 sid: ...." --> as servo.jpg picture attachment file

when we check the USB conditon with lsusb , it will shows below messages :
"Bus 001 Device 008 : ID 0403:6011 Future Technology Devices International , Ltd FT 4232H Quad HS USB-UART/FIFO IC....." --> as new.jpg picture attachment file.

is there any other way to make a connection successful?

Thank you for help,

Herani Goh

Vincent Palatin

Sep 8, 2016, 10:22:54 AM9/8/16
to Vadim Bendebury, Goh, Chromium OS dev
On Thu, Sep 8, 2016 at 3:57 PM, Vadim Bendebury <vbe...@chromium.org> wrote:
I don't know what board Kefka is, but from the look of the screen you seem to have two servos connected to your host, so the  servod program does not know which one you want to connect to.

No, that's a single servo (which has 2x FT4232) but it's EEPROM is unprogrammed (so it doesn't have Google VID and servod is unhappy)
btw I have put them in touch with Partner eng.
This conversation is locked