Add packages to portage-stable with EAPI=6

Zentaro Kavanagh

Dec 8, 2016, 4:05:56 PM12/8/16
to chromiu...@chromium.org
I need to add several packages that have EAPI=6 and we only support 5.

Some of them set this but as far as I can tell don't use any v6 features. In this case is it acceptable to put them in portage-stable with the EAPI changed or do they go in chromiumos-overlay?

At least 1 does use a v6 feature (eapply) so that will have to go in chromiumos-overlay and and equivalent epatch used.

Mike Frysinger

Dec 8, 2016, 5:42:17 PM12/8/16
to Zentaro Kavanagh, chromium-os-dev
yes, currently EAPI=6 support is missing.  the features it offers over EAPI=5 are pretty few in number, and even lesser in degree of "we actually care about them".

it's OK to put into portage-stable if you're just making these changes:
  • EAPI=6 -> EAPI=5
  • dealing with the eapply->epatch change (each ebuild might be slightly different in how this works)
  • changing KEYWORDS to "*"
off the top of my head, that's it ...
-mike

This conversation is locked