adding programs to chromeos

daniel hoggan

Aug 10, 2016, 4:01:39 PM8/10/16
to Chromium OS dev
Is there anyone who can tell me how to integrate my own programs into the chromium os source download (I have already updated the manifest) and if I need to modify any scripts to pull that code into the build process, and how to layer another overlay on top the chromiumos overlay.

Mike Frysinger

Aug 10, 2016, 5:30:06 PM8/10/16
to daniel hoggan, Chromium OS dev

On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 4:01 AM, daniel hoggan <nomad...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is there anyone who can tell me how to integrate my own programs into the chromium os source download (I have already updated the manifest) and if I need to modify any scripts to pull that code into the build process, and how to layer another overlay on top the chromiumos overlay.

Lei Zhang

Aug 10, 2016, 5:52:46 PM8/10/16
to daniel hoggan, Chromium OS dev
By programs, do you mean Chrome Apps/Extensions? I don't know how it's
done on ChromeOS, but Chrome for Linux includes several .crx files in
/opt/google/chrome/default_apps.

daniel hoggan

Aug 10, 2016, 11:23:22 PM8/10/16
to Chromium OS dev, nomad...@gmail.com
I mean like lirc, or cdrtools. I would like to know how to integrate different programs that are not included in the usual chromeos build, and how to build a chromeos image with those programs installed.

Sean

Aug 30, 2016, 6:48:23 PM8/30/16
to Chromium OS dev
If you just want to deploy it to a dev-mode chromebook w/ a test image, you should be able to:
1. Add the package to chromiumos-overlay
2. Run emerge-<board> <package> in the chroot
3. Use 'cros deploy' to install it

If you want to build an image, you can add it to the packages that 'src/scripts/build_pacakges' but I'm not sure what the inputs for that script are.

Sean

Aug 30, 2016, 6:51:12 PM8/30/16
to Chromium OS dev

On Wednesday, August 10, 2016 at 1:01:39 PM UTC-7, daniel hoggan wrote:
This conversation is locked