Re: [chromium-dev] Re: Two separate build directories, one builds with goma and one without

2 ملاحظات
پہلے نہ پڑھے ہوئے پیغام پر جائیں

Primiano Tucci

نہ پڑھا ہوا،
16 اکتوبر، 2017، 11:27:10 AM16/10/17
بنام sq...@chromium.org،chromiu...@chromium.org
Moving this to chromium-os dev as it seems specific about the CrOS workflo.

On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 3:33 PM Simon Que <sq...@chromium.org> wrote:
I got it to work by removing the "-l 10" from my ninja build command. I got the build command from Simple Chrome Workflow.

What does the "-l 10" flag do?

Prevents ninja to start new compiler commands if the load average of the system is > 10.
It could WAI even with goma because of the preprocessor jobs that run locally, but you should double check on localhost:8080 that your goma jobs are green and not falling back locally.

On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 3:33 PM Simon Que <sq...@chromium.org> wrote:
I got it to work by removing the "-l 10" from my ninja build command. I got the build command from Simple Chrome Workflow.

What does the "-l 10" flag do? Should the workflow page be updated to have it removed?

On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 4:04 PM, Simon Que <sq...@chromium.org> wrote:
I have two different build directories in my Chromium checkout.

One is under out_buddy/Release, which I use to build Chrome for deployment to Chrome OS.

The other is under out/Debug, which I use for more generic Chrome development

When I attempt to build Chrome in out/Debug, it builds rapidly, since it uses goma.

But when I attempt to build Chrome in out_buddy/Release, it builds slowly, seemingly not using goma. It built with goma last week. The gn args are the same as before. The only change was that I synced my Chromium checkout. But the other dir (out/Debug) should also be affected by this, but it clearly builds with goma.

I am trying to figure out why it only builds one dir with goma and the other without.

Simon

سبھی کو جواب دیں
مصنف کو جواب دیں
فارورڈ کریں
یہ گفتگو مقفل ہے
آپ مقفل گفتگوؤں پر جواب نہیں دے سکتے اور کارروائیاں نہیں کر سکتے۔
0 نئے پیغامات