Sublime w/ CrOS

baile...@google.com

Dec 15, 2017, 12:30:39 PM12/15/17
to Chromium OS dev
Hi all and Happy Friday.

Most of the work I have done thusfar has been in the chromium repository. I setup Sublime as my dev environment for chromium following: https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src/+/master/docs/sublime_ide.md#using-sublime-text-as-your-ide

Now that I have begun doing some work in CrOS, I am unable to get my Sublime project setup similarly. Namely, I cant seem to get Code Completion via SublimeClang to work. it seems to be an issue with the includes paths for files that are referenced from chrome os but live in the chromium tree (ie stuff in base, etc.). Does anyone know how I can get SublimeClang or even YCM up and running for CrOS development?

Thanks!

Jason Clinton

Dec 15, 2017, 12:38:35 PM12/15/17
to baile...@google.com, Chromium OS dev
The code bases in CrOS are diverse and not uniformly laid out. Thus, it's hard to get IDE-like features to work across the diverse packages in CrOS. That said, it can be done if you're patient enough on a package-by-package basis. I've seen some folks have some luck with:
  • CLion (must generate fake CMake files)
  • Atom (project-specific configuration to set Clang plugin options)
  • VS Code (IntelliSense mostly just figures things out)
The general idea is to figure out what the specific package's build configuration is using to find the headers and then set package-specific options to the same.

The short answer is: there's no universal answer.

This conversation is locked