Naar het eerste ongelezen bericht

Jeffrey Kardatzke

ongelezen,
13 okt 2017, 13:06:2713-10-2017
aan Chromium OS dev
I submitted a few CLs yesterday & the day before as follows:

In A I have a CQ-DEPEND on B.
In B I have a CQ-DEPEND on A & C.

So effectively A & B need to go in together and B is dependent on C.

So I would have expected either C to go in first, and then A & B to go in together... or all 3 to go in at once. However, currently A is merged and B & C are both still in the commit queue (which keeps failing and retrying them repeatedly for some reason).

Am I mistaken on how this should have worked, or did something go wrong?

Thanks,

--
Jeffrey Kardatzke
Google, Inc.

Jason Clinton

ongelezen,
13 okt 2017, 13:10:4713-10-2017
aan Jeffrey Kardatzke, Chromium OS dev
Git on Borg is currently failing most requests. A possible explanation is that all of your CL's were going to go in but only 1 of them managed to successfully get submitted. https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=774368

Jeffrey Kardatzke

ongelezen,
13 okt 2017, 13:18:1513-10-2017
aan Jason Clinton, Chromium OS dev
Thanks, that would definitely explain the weirdness.

Mike Frysinger

ongelezen,
13 okt 2017, 13:45:4813-10-2017
aan Jeffrey Kardatzke, Jason Clinton, Chromium OS dev
if the tree is in a broken state due to incomplete dep merges like this, this is a situation where it's acceptable to chump CLs to get back in a coherent state.  just let the sheriffs know.
-mike

Jeffrey Kardatzke

ongelezen,
13 okt 2017, 14:00:1613-10-2017
aan Mike Frysinger, Jason Clinton, Chromium OS dev
What's happened so far doesn't actually break anything...but if the 2 that are left don't go in the right order it will then break the build, so if that happens I'll let the sheriff know.
Allen beantwoorden
Auteur beantwoorden
Doorsturen
Dit gesprek is vergrendeld
Antwoorden en andere acties zijn niet mogelijk voor vergrendelde gesprekken.
0 nieuwe berichten