Logs? Pixel 2015 LS

Jason Jardim

Jan 27, 2016, 9:27:51 PM1/27/16
to Chromium OS dev
I feel silly asking this, but cant seem to figure it out.
I picked up a Pixel 2015 LS - I'm a iOS developer / comfortable w/ computer - wanted to expand knowledge, etc..

The touchscreen on the Pixel just stopped working one day- Ive power washed, restored with image, changed from stable, dev, canary - power washed again, restored image,  set touch_enabled = Enabled in flags - nothing is working.   I'm in Chrome OS

Just looking to see if there are any log files to see if the touchscreen is working.   Any diagnostic menus for this?

Any help would be appreciated - figured I ask here before contacting google support -

Thanks everyone

JJ

Mukesh Agrawal

Jan 27, 2016, 10:00:11 PM1/27/16
to Jason Jardim, Chromium OS dev
Navigating file:///var/log/ should let you read the system logs. I'd check the messages* files for any kernel/driver errors, and perhaps the chrome and ui subdirectories for any messages they might have about touch events.

Richard Barnette

Jan 27, 2016, 10:00:46 PM1/27/16
to Jason Jardim, Chromium OS dev

> On Jan 27, 2016, at 6:27 PM, Jason Jardim <jsqu...@macspots.com> wrote:
>
> I feel silly asking this, but cant seem to figure it out.
> I picked up a Pixel 2015 LS - I'm a iOS developer / comfortable w/ computer - wanted to expand knowledge, etc..
>
> The touchscreen on the Pixel just stopped working one day- Ive power washed, restored with image, changed from stable, dev, canary - power washed again, restored image, set touch_enabled = Enabled in flags - nothing is working. I'm in Chrome OS
>
> Just looking to see if there are any log files to see if the touchscreen is working. Any diagnostic menus for this?

You can get raw system logs by pointing the browser here:
file:///var/log
In particular, the kernel and a number of device-related
services write copious data to /var/log/messages. The
Chrome logs may also have something.

I don't know enough to tell you exactly what to look for;
somebody else on the alias will have to fill you in on that.
I've changed the message subject to see if any of them will
notice.

I'll note that the problem as you've described it doesn't
sound like a software problem. That means in the end, after
you've learned everything you can stand to know about this
topic, your answer will likely still be to contact support,
and then send the device in for repair or replacement. :-(

> Any help would be appreciated - figured I ask here before contacting google support -
>
> Thanks everyone
>
> JJ
>

> --
> --