How do I get +2?

Sean

Sep 13, 2016, 4:54:23 PM9/13/16
to Chromium OS dev
I was looking around on chromium.org and can't seem to find the procedure for obtaining +2.  I found this link http://dev.chromium.org/getting-involved/become-a-committer but it's not clear if the process should be exactly the same as for Chromium.  It also seems odd that the two groups are the same.

Mike Frysinger

Sep 13, 2016, 5:00:50 PM9/13/16
to Sean, Chromium OS dev
you want to +2 a CL, or you want a reviewer ?

+2 access to CrOS repos comes with the caveat that you have to sheriff on a regular basis, so it's not automatic because you have an @chromium.org account.
-mike

On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 4:54 PM, Sean <sk...@chromium.org> wrote:
I was looking around on chromium.org and can't seem to find the procedure for obtaining +2.  I found this link http://dev.chromium.org/getting-involved/become-a-committer but it's not clear if the process should be exactly the same as for Chromium.  It also seems odd that the two groups are the same.

Mike Frysinger

Sep 13, 2016, 5:16:43 PM9/13/16
to Sean, chromium-os-dev
[ back to chromium-os-dev@ as this isn't related to chromium-dev@ ]

looks like you report to adlr@, so you'll want to review go/ChromeOS-Sheriff-Schedule and then talk to him to get added to the right mdb group & sheriff rotation
-mike

On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 5:06 PM, Sean Kau <sk...@chromium.org> wrote:
I'm looking for +2 access and to implicitly sign up for sheriff duty.
--
Sean Kau

Andrew de los Reyes

Sep 13, 2016, 7:28:16 PM9/13/16
to Mike Frysinger, Sean, chromium-os-dev
Are there instructions for updating the mdb groups?

Mike Frysinger

Sep 13, 2016, 7:57:54 PM9/13/16
to Andrew de los Reyes, chromium-os-dev, Sean
the linked doc should have the details. if it's insufficient, we can bug Autumn to add more to it. probably have to articulate what is confusing though.
-mike
This conversation is locked