Simplechrome workflow failed for daisy board with clang?

Han Shen

Feb 10, 2016, 12:48:48 PM2/10/16
to c-compiler-chrome, chromium-os-dev, Luis Lozano, Rahul Chaudhry
Hi, I was trying to setup simplechrome workflow for daisy with clang compiler. However I had errors. This was what I did

1. cros chrome-sdk --board=daisy --clang --internal
The document dictates to use "cros chrome-sdk --board=$BOARD --clang --make", however "--make" was not accepted as a valid argument (obsolete doc?)

2. gclient sync && gclient runhooks

3. ninja -C src/out_daisy/Release -j1 -v

Failed at the very beginning -
In file included from ../../third_party/protobuf/src/google/protobuf/extension_set.cc:35:
In file included from ../../third_party/protobuf/src/google/protobuf/stubs/hash.h:39:
../../third_party/protobuf/src/google/protobuf/stubs/common.h:40:10: fatal error: 'cstddef' file not found
#include <cstddef>
         ^
1 error generated.

I had no problems with for gcc though.

Anyone suggestions here?

--
Han Shen |  Software Engineer |  she...@google.com |  +1-650-440-3330

Michael Spang

Feb 10, 2016, 2:53:25 PM2/10/16
to Han Shen, c-compiler-chrome, chromium-os-dev, Luis Lozano, Rahul Chaudhry
Pretty sure this breakage stems from of an unresolved dispute about whose clang to use for Chrome builds within the Chrome OS SDK.

This conversation is locked