Site Engagement and Privacy

Adam Chace

Mar 3, 2017, 9:23:53 AM3/3/17
to Chromium HTML5
In pursuing a way to clear the Site Engagement score to test HBD (HtmlByDefault) it became clear to me that chrome://site-engagement survives any attempts to purge history and is available even in Incognito mode.

Isn't this a security concern?  Has this been discussed?

Having a way to clear SE would be great for devs testing HBD but it seems it also is an appropriate measure for privacy.
Message has been deleted

Armen M.

Mar 3, 2017, 10:39:06 AM3/3/17
to Chromium HTML5
Wow, thanks for shining a light on this - very troubling indeed.

Sivan Lahav

Mar 5, 2017, 3:17:23 PM3/5/17
to Chromium HTML5
Adam,

I tried it myself and cleared my browsing history and it seemed to have also cleared the site-engagement metrics:

Did you try clearing your browsing history from the "beginning of time"

Sivan