The app cache does not work in iPhone 6

Bhargavi Swaminathan

Jul 27, 2016, 5:55:46 AM7/27/16
to Chromium HTML5
When trying to access a web app developed by me and my team , I am unable to cache it in iPhone 6 (iOS 9.3)Chrome alone .
The same works fine for iPhone 5s(iOS 10 beta) - Chrome , Safari. and iPhone 6 Safari.

The version of the Chrome in both the iPhones is 51.0.2704.104.
I have added alerts to check if the appcache is downloading by checking its status "window.applicationCache.status" but then i only see a 0 .
I see 3 in all the other mentioned devices/browsers including the Laptop Chrome (52.0.2743.82 m)

The same has been tested by many of my peers and the outcome seems to be the same.
I have cleared cache multiple times, rebooted device but nothing changes.

Is there any setting or fix that can be done to over come this problem.
This problem is only occurring in iPhone 6. and does not affect iPhone 5s or Laptops.