Chrome Version 36.0.1985.67 beta-m does not allow "insecure websocket connection from https origin" - behavior change

krisztian...@bluestone.co.uk

Jun 16, 2014, 4:38:33 AM6/16/14
to chromiu...@chromium.org
Hi,

Just found that Version 36.0.1985.67 beta-m by default is not accepting any "insecure websocket connection from https origin" which means Citrix HTML5 and may some others stop working again. The workaround is under chrome://flags enable the "Allow insecure websocket connection from https origin" which may unsafe but fixes again this issue.

Regards
Krisz

Bluestone Capital Management Limited. Registered Office: Newnham Mill, Newnham Road, Cambridge, CB3 9EY. Company registration number 6767874.

The contents of this email are subject to our email disclaimer which can be found here: http://www.bluestone.co.uk/emaildisclaimer/

PhistucK

Jun 16, 2014, 5:02:04 AM6/16/14
to krisztian...@bluestone.co.uk, Chromium HTML5
This is a bad workaround - the application should be fixed instead.
The change is per the specification, as far as I know and I am not sure but I think it may have already been enforced in other browsers. If not, it will probably be soon.

PhistucK

Takeshi Yoshino

Jun 16, 2014, 5:05:48 AM6/16/14
to PhistucK, krisztian...@bluestone.co.uk, Chromium HTML5
Yes. It's a last resort. Please please fix your app to use wss.

Takeshi

Krisztian Kenderesi

Jun 16, 2014, 5:09:44 AM6/16/14
to Takeshi Yoshino, PhistucK, Chromium HTML5
Tell this to Citrix please! We did but I must keep the system running so I have posted this because I know how much pain this caused last time! We are just a small fish in this game.....

Krisztian Kenderesi l IT Infrastructure Manager - Europe
Bluestone Capital Management
1st Floor, Newnham Mill, Newnham Road, Cambridge, CB3 9EY, United Kingdom
T + 44 1223 454 606 l M +44 743 628 1300

Takeshi Yoshino

Jun 18, 2014, 11:15:16 PM6/18/14
to Krisztian Kenderesi, PhistucK, Chromium HTML5
Sorry for delay.

Citrix is aware of this (blocking is coming on M36 and there's the flag). Please contact Citrix directly for concrete plan/schedule of announcement, instruction release, etc.

Takeshi