Accessing USB On-The-Go Webcam with WebRTC in Chrome

Todd Lynch

Mar 14, 2018, 11:43:25 PM3/14/18
to Chromium HTML5
I have a Samsung S8+ with a Logitech C920 connected via an OTG adapter.  The camera and the adapter work when using applications built specifically for Webcams over OTG.

I would like to use the Webcam as a video media source from Chrome for Android.

When I visit the test site:

I see the front camera and the back camera, but not the connected Webcam.

Under the audio input dropdown, I see the USB Mic option available when I plug the camera in and it goes away when I unplug it and reload the page, so the webcam is definitely being recognized.

Do Chrome on Android support WebCams connected with USB OTG?

Kava T

Nov 20, 2020, 6:26:16 PM11/20/20
to Chromium HTML5, to...@shifteight.com
Hi where you able to solve this. I am facing the same issue. Is it possible to get usb otg webcam on webrtc as an input video ?