Web Speech API options

Casey Caruso

Mar 28, 2016, 2:24:32 PM3/28/16
to Chromium HTML5
I am trying to detect filler words like "um" and "uh". It seems by default these words are not processed by the web speech API. Any thoughts on how to change this?

yves feigneux

Mar 28, 2016, 3:35:40 PM3/28/16
to Casey Caruso, Chromium HTML5
It is filtered by the library which try to build a coherent sentence. Why do you need to capture those filler words ?

Regards,

Yves

Le lundi 28 mars 2016, Casey Caruso <caseyk...@gmail.com> a écrit :
I am trying to detect filler words like "um" and "uh". It seems by default these words are not processed by the web speech API. Any thoughts on how to change this?

Casey Caruso

Mar 28, 2016, 4:44:07 PM3/28/16
to Chromium HTML5, caseyk...@gmail.com
Hi Yves,

I want to create an app to let people practice giving speeches without using filler words. Users would verbally give their speech/presentation and the program would pick up filler words like "uh" ,"um" and "like" and alert the user (real-time hopefully). Still figuring out specifics but that is the overarching idea. I think my generation, including myself, uses filler words way too often. :)

Best,
Casey

On Monday, March 28, 2016 at 3:35:40 PM UTC-4, yves feigneux wrote:
It is filtered by the library which try to build a coherent sentence. Why do you need to capture those filler words ?

Regards,

Yves

Le lundi 28 mars 2016, Casey Caruso <caseyk...@gmail.com> a écrit :
I am trying to detect filler words like "um" and "uh". It seems by default these words are not processed by the web speech API. Any thoughts on how to change this?

広瀬由佳

Dec 24, 2016, 3:57:46 AM12/24/16
to Chromium HTML5
I really need this too. Any updates?

2016年3月29日火曜日 3時24分32秒 UTC+9 Casey Caruso:

PhistucK

Dec 24, 2016, 4:00:41 AM12/24/16
to 広瀬由佳, Chromium HTML5
Generally, for feature requests, you can search crbug.com for an existing issue for this feature request and star it. If you cannot find one, you can use the "New issue" link at crbug.com to file a new one.
(If you do find one, do not add comment like +1 or "me, too", it only hinders the development and it does not make the engineers implement the feature more quickly.)

PhistucK