WebkitSpeechRecognition API 'network' error

Nirmal Almara

Apr 14, 2016, 11:57:02 PM4/14/16
to Chromium HTML5
Hi,

Google webkit speech api is not working in Electron app but works fine in standard browser environments. It throws 'network' under every circumstances which I've tested. This is happening only for the past few weeks as it was working fine previously. Could you update me on this issue? (whether google had deprecated the use of speech api in electron)

Thanks in advance,
Nirmal

Paresh Varde

Oct 5, 2016, 5:33:32 AM10/5/16
to Chromium HTML5
I am having same issue now. I had it working last week without any issues and it stopped all of sudden. Did you get it working? Any fix needed?

Nirmal Almara

Oct 10, 2016, 12:28:49 PM10/10/16
to Chromium HTML5
No, it's not working still. There is no fix to be done from our side. I think Google is trying to block the use of webkitSpeech in other shell environments except the browser as they are releasing cloud speech v1 soon.

john

Dec 12, 2023, 1:34:34 PM12/12/23
to Chromium HTML5, Nirmal Almara
yo guys sorry for interrupting did you fix this error?

2016년 10월 11일 화요일 오전 1시 28분 49초 UTC+9에 Nirmal Almara님이 작성:

상기 메일은 지정된 수신인 만을 위한 것이며, 부정경쟁 방지 및 영업비밀보호에 관한 법률을 포함하여 관련 법령에 따라 보호의 대상이 되는 영업비밀, 산업기술 등을 포함하고 있을 수 있습니다. 본 문서에 포함된 정보의 전부 또는 일부를 무단으로 제3자에게 공개, 배포, 복사 또는 사용하는 것은 엄격히 금지됩니다. 본 메일이 잘못 전송된 경우, 발신인에게 알려주시고 즉시 삭제하여 주시기 바랍니다.
The above message is intended solely for the named addressee and may contain trade secret, industrial technology or privileged and confidential information otherwise protected under applicable law including the Unfair Competition Prevention and Trade Secret protection act. Any unauthorized dissemination, distribution, copying or use of the information contained in this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender by email and erase this communication immediately.