Re: [chromium-html5] HTM Video support

Message has been deleted

PhistucK

May 19, 2017, 5:59:02 AM5/19/17
to William Kent, Chromium HTML5
You can try chromium-dev as this is not the right group for this topic.

However, I think you better update to the latest Chromium (and always keep it up to date), because Chromium 39 has many, many (hundreds, if not thousands) known security vulnerabilities that can easily be exploited to hack your system and many, many web development bugs that were fixed in later versions.

Note that Chrome developers do not tend to provide any support for such an old version. The code has changed significantly since then.

PhistucK

On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 6:15 AM, William Kent <artis...@gmail.com> wrote:
We use a custom browser based on Chromium Version: 39.0.2171.95

Unfortunately we do not have support for HTML5 video and wondering what is required.

The browser was developed by a coder who has since left our team, so I am wondering if we can resurrect HTML5 video support with our current version of Chromium 39 by adding missing components, or if we have to upgrade to a more recent version. Either way, I will appreciate some advice that will help us decide how and who we hire to perform the update.

PhistucK

May 19, 2017, 5:59:52 AM5/19/17
to William Kent, Chromium HTML5
Oh, you already posted it there, so never mind (the rest of my reply still stands, of course).

PhistucK