Element Animate

PAEz

Feb 24, 2016, 2:56:06 AM2/24/16
to Chromium HTML5
Sorry if this isnt the appropriate place to ask, if it isnt any advice on where is?

I tried to use the new animate stuff to animate using filters and nothing happens.
Here is the example....
Is it possible to use animate like this?  Or maybe am I doing something wrong?  Works in css.
Would just love to know whats wrong.

PhistucK

Feb 24, 2016, 3:11:38 AM2/24/16
to PAEz, Chromium HTML5
I am not sure what is supposed to happen, but when I uncomment that line - nothing really changes.

PhistucK

PAEz

Feb 24, 2016, 3:29:52 AM2/24/16
to Chromium HTML5, cdk...@gmail.com
Thanks for having a look PhistucK (youve helped me out alot in the past, so thanks for still doing ya awesome work).
Maybe I should have said more....

Here's the original running off straight css....
...thats what it should look like.

Mine is supposed to be the same thing but using element.animate (hope thats what ya call it).
But, nothing happens, it just seems to ignore the filter bit or maybe the problem is the url bit...and thats my problem, I have no idea what the problem is and would LOVE some idea as to why?  I thought it was meant to work the same as the css equivalent.
That one line you uncommented (guessing which one it is) will apply the filter to the test block and it does work (so it shows that the filter and the url are correct).

PAEz

Feb 24, 2016, 3:33:33 AM2/24/16
to Chromium HTML5, cdk...@gmail.com
The none working bit is...
// but this doesnt..grrrr
test.animate(
..onwards

PAEz

Feb 24, 2016, 3:37:40 AM2/24/16
to Chromium HTML5, cdk...@gmail.com
Heres a much simpler test case pixelass made to show it ignoring filters...

PhistucK

Feb 24, 2016, 3:38:17 AM2/24/16
to PAEz, Chromium HTML5
Yes, I understand.

I tried it with the original HTML (in order to rule out bad JavaScript SVG construction) and it still does not work.
I am not familiar with the specification enough, but it looks like a bug to me.
You can search crbug.com for an existing issue and star it. If you cannot find one, file a new issue using the "New issue" link on the same page.
Please, do not add a "+1" or "Me too" or "Confirmed" (or similar) comment. It just wastes the time of Chrome engineers and sends unnecessary e-mails to all of the people who starred the issue.

You can reply with a link to the found or created issue and might get triaged (and fixed) faster.

Thank you.

PhistucK

PAEz

Feb 24, 2016, 3:55:09 AM2/24/16
to Chromium HTML5, cdk...@gmail.com
Yeah I tried it with the original html/svg aswell.  If you uncomment the css of that pen you'll see that it does work which says to me that the html/svg construction isnt the problem.
I posted a bug here....
...after searching for any similar issues (couldnt find anything).
Thanks again PhistucK.