Chromium 40 poorer canvas performance

Mostafa Ali

Feb 6, 2015, 10:30:53 AM2/6/15
to chromiu...@chromium.org
Hi

I have been noticing much slower performance on chrome 40 with my application that extensively uses HTML5 canvas to render images and vector graphics.
I rely on image atlasing by packing many images onto big canvases and rendering from these canvases and through this managed to gain very good performance boosts up to chrome 39. After updating to chrome 40 and running my regular tests, I noticed huge declination in performance of rendering.
Has this issue been addressed before anywhere ?
Any insights into this topic would be very much appreciated.