Looking for Facebook Extension to help with friend tagging

André Angelantoni

Mar 12, 2018, 1:23:34 PM3/12/18
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce
I'd like to tag my friends quickly in a Facebook post or comment. Simply pasting their names does not tokenize them thus I have to type them out individually.

I have examined all the Facebook extensions that I could find and have found one extension that has the feature but says it's broken currently (Toolkit for Facebook). Social Fixer doesn't appear to have this feature. There are lots of extensions that will invite friends to events; this is not what I'm looking for.

The author of the javascript code on the page below says that it will tag a post with all my friends—not precisely what I want but in the ballpark. I'd like to create one or more lists of friends who I want to tag regularly depending on the topic. Tagging all my friends doesn't make sense in any real use case that I can think of.

It does seem to me that the extension will have to simulate keystrokes so that FB can tokenize the names.

Can anyone point me to an extension that does what I'm looking for?

Cheers,
André