Create Chrome Extention

Bill N

Aug 11, 2017, 8:12:13 AM8/11/17
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce
Is there a safe site to hire someone to build you a chrome extension or app?

Tolga Ozses

Aug 11, 2017, 10:15:52 AM8/11/17
to Bill N, Chromium-Extensions-Announce
What do you want this app to do?

11 Ağu 2017 Cum, saat 15:12 tarihinde Bill N <billi...@gmail.com> şunu yazdı:
Is there a safe site to hire someone to build you a chrome extension or app?

Best regards,
Tolga

Tom Lahey

Aug 11, 2017, 9:53:15 PM8/11/17
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce
Hi,

I don't know the answer to your question, but have used lots of extensions over the years. You might want to first look to see if there is already an extension that does what you need, there are so many out there. Next, note the difference between extensions and apps, and apps are basically going away (except for Chromebooks, see link).

This is a great forum, but you need to explain what you are trying to do, there are lots of things extensions can do and people have their own level of experience. Also, Chrome like everything else in tech changes often, so if you want to have this around for 2 or more years, expect to make updates.

Good luck.
Tom

Bill N

Aug 11, 2017, 11:02:14 PM8/11/17
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce
I am looking for an app or extension where the tab key only lands on input fields not buttons, links, etc.

crysta...@gmail.com

Aug 12, 2017, 8:53:06 AM8/12/17
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce
How much would you offer if I made it

crysta...@gmail.com

Aug 12, 2017, 12:46:40 PM8/12/17
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce
here is the code to skip tab focus on links and buttons

<!DOCTYPE html>
<input id="id1" type="text" name="field1" value="1"> <input type="submit" value="Submit" style="outline: none;" tabindex="-1">
<input id="id2" type="text" name="field2" value="2"> <input type="submit" value="Submit" style="outline: none;" tabindex="-1">

<input id="id3" type="text" name="field3" value="3"> <input type="submit" value="Submit" style="outline: none;" tabindex="-1">
<script>
document.getElementById("id2").focus();
</script>

Tolga Ozses

Aug 12, 2017, 1:54:04 PM8/12/17
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce, crysta...@gmail.com
How would you be able to do it on a dynamic page?

12 Ağu 2017 Cmt, saat 19:47 tarihinde <crysta...@gmail.com> şunu yazdı:
Best regards,
Tolga

crysta...@gmail.com

Aug 12, 2017, 4:09:00 PM8/12/17
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce
Would you like the script in a frameless window?

Bill N

Aug 12, 2017, 9:55:42 PM8/12/17
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce
Can an extension or app be made with the info for all to use? I am on vacation!

Thanks

crysta...@gmail.com

Aug 13, 2017, 12:56:24 AM8/13/17
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce
Yeah sure just send $20 to my paypal these lines of code are as efficient as it gets, the email for paypal is crysta...@gmail.com

PhistucK

Aug 13, 2017, 2:53:36 AM8/13/17
to crysta...@gmail.com, Chromium-Extensions-Announce
Though they can break applications that rely on the value of tabIndex.
I would have captured the Tab key and try to manage the focus following it, I guess.

PhistucK

On Sun, Aug 13, 2017 at 7:56 AM, <crysta...@gmail.com> wrote:
Yeah sure just send $20 to my paypal these lines of code are as efficient as it gets, the email for paypal is crysta...@gmail.com

crysta...@gmail.com

Aug 13, 2017, 10:08:39 AM8/13/17
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce
Thats why it is a good idea to keep up where the tab index is, so we can use a loop function and arrays if the tab is not on the right one or not on any of them