Unable to upload my extension (An error occurred: please try again later.)

Martin Sikora

Jul 6, 2011, 10:46:54 AM7/6/11
to Chromium-extensions
Hello,
since yesterday I'm trying to upload my extension to chrome web store
but I have no idea why it doesn't work. It just shows "An error
occurred: please try again later." every time I try it.
Is anyone else having the same problem?

Martin Sikora

Jul 7, 2011, 7:01:10 AM7/7/11
to Chromium-extensions
Problem solved.
I had in my _locales dir translations to Spanish and Portuguese that
were not encoded in UTF-8. That's why upload always failed. I fixed it
and everything's fine now.
Anyway, the error message is quiet confusing...

Michael A. Jackson

Jul 7, 2011, 3:53:10 AM7/7/11
to Chromium-extensions
FAQ says to logout, then log back in:
http://code.google.com/chrome/webstore/faq.html#faq-gen-16

It didn't work for me :(

David DeSandro

Jul 7, 2011, 6:45:50 AM7/7/11
to Chromium-extensions
Yes, I'm running into the same issue. The FAQ advises to log out then
try again

http://code.google.com/chrome/webstore/faq.html#faq-gen-16

But this has had no effect for me. I've tried uploading via other
browsers as well with no luck.

jshou

Jul 28, 2011, 11:22:04 AM7/28/11
to Chromium-extensions
I also am having this issue. I've logged out and in multiple times on
Google Chrome *and* on Firefox, but to no avail.

Milena

Nov 5, 2016, 7:51:10 AM11/5/16
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce, lazyeu...@googlemail.com

The same thing just happened to me - any ideas or help?

Jack

Nov 5, 2016, 11:35:34 AM11/5/16
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce, lazyeu...@googlemail.com
I am trying to upload a new updated version of my extension for the whole day and always get the error mentioned in this post. I tried login and logout. Different browsers, deleted chache but nothing fixed the issues. Anyone can advice on what else to do?

Gioele Ciaparrone

Nov 5, 2016, 12:44:06 PM11/5/16
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce, lazyeu...@googlemail.com
Also happening to me. Looking at the console, the server returns a 503 error, so I think they have issues with their servers. Lots of other people are having this issue right now.

eternal.hover.card

Nov 5, 2016, 1:42:40 PM11/5/16
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce, lazyeu...@googlemail.com
I'm seeing the same thing.  I can't update my extension on the chrome web store.  I just reported it with Help->Report an Issue in the Chrome menu.

Adrien JOLY

Nov 5, 2016, 3:37:23 PM11/5/16
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce, lazyeu...@googlemail.com
same here :'-(

Isak

Nov 5, 2016, 4:17:38 PM11/5/16
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce
I have now reported this issue to the Chromium bug tracker. Please go and vote and provide additional details on the issue if you would like it fixed.

James

Nov 5, 2016, 4:38:30 PM11/5/16
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce
Hi Everyone,

The Chrome Web Store team is investigating now. Will circle back as soon as there's an update.

Thanks,
James

James

Nov 5, 2016, 6:42:13 PM11/5/16
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce
Update: This should be fixed now. If you continue to experience upload problems, please re-open https://crbug.com/662678 and comment with details.

Adrien JOLY

Nov 5, 2016, 7:29:31 PM11/5/16
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce
Awesome! Thank you! ^^

Chris Davis

Dec 1, 2016, 9:54:58 AM12/1/16
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce, adrie...@gmail.com
Anyone else experiencing this issue again?  I am from multi accounts.

- chris
Message has been deleted

Yuki Tokuda

Dec 1, 2016, 2:18:24 PM12/1/16
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce, lazyeu...@googlemail.com
I am having this issue as well, both with uploading a Google Chrome application and a Google Chrome extension.  However I am not getting a server response of 503, I am getting a 200 response.  The response body contains a field 'requestRejectedInfo' which is giving me a value of "agent_rejected".  Any ideas on this? Is this a permissions issue, or is this actually a bug?  I have never had issues uploading before today.

James

Dec 1, 2016, 7:12:45 PM12/1/16
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce, lazyeu...@googlemail.com
This is a bug -- the Chrome Web Store team is working on a fix. Please follow https://crbug.com/662678 for updates.