sending a http request from chrome extension with custom request headers

jack

Aug 25, 2015, 5:25:01 AM8/25/15
to Chromium-extensions
hi,

i want to send a http request where i can set all the headers (Cookie, Cookie2, User-Agent etc.).

If I use xmlhttrequest, it does not allow me to set these headers.

thanks in advance!

jagdish achara

Aug 25, 2015, 6:45:55 AM8/25/15
to Chromium-extensions
Anyone please?

If it is not possible, is it possible to create a new incognito tab (invisible) and do the http request in it?

thanks in advance!

PhistucK

Aug 25, 2015, 7:07:57 AM8/25/15
to jagdish achara, Chromium-extensions
1. You cannot set all of the headers. You can set cookies via the Chrome extension cookie API, prior to sending the request.
2. You cannot create an invisible tab. Chrome applications can create webviews which are isolated, I believe, in terms of cookies and others stuff.

PhistucK

jagdish achara

Aug 25, 2015, 8:46:07 AM8/25/15
to PhistucK, Chromium-extensions
@PhistucK: you said "Chrome applications can create webviews which are isolated, I believe, in terms of cookies and others stuff."  Chrome extension can also create webviews?

PhistucK

Aug 25, 2015, 9:34:36 AM8/25/15
to jagdish achara, Chromium-extensions
Looks like they cannot, which is why I mentioned Chrome applications.

PhistucK