Re: [chromium-dev] fail in getting new Id Extension

Antony Sargent

Jul 28, 2016, 5:56:23 PM7/28/16
to maria.z...@gmail.com, Chromium-extensions

Hi-

I'd recommend you follow the steps listed at:

Also, https://clients2.google.com/service/update2/crx is the update url for items hosted in the webstore, so it's expected to see that (but you shouldn't have to have any update_url in the manifest.json you upload to the webstore; the webstore will automatically add that during the publishing step).

On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 12:28 PM, Maria Zabarjad <maria.z...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey everyone,

Actually, I am very new at chromium project, I start with editing an old extension and add a new one. So, I published my own version of the extension and I got the ID extension from google webstore and replace with old one in source code. but when I launch the chromium it got the old version of extension. I tried to find If there is old ID extension some where in code but I couldn't find it.  finally I realize that It updates from https://clients2.google.com/service/update2/crx instead of webstore. I would appreciate if you have a solution for it.
Thank you

Maria Zabarjad

Jul 29, 2016, 8:52:36 AM7/29/16
to Chromium-dev, maria.z...@gmail.com, chromium-...@chromium.org
Thank you for the links, but I did follow the steps in the list but the source code didn't take the new version!

Antony Sargent

Aug 1, 2016, 1:48:45 PM8/1/16
to Maria Zabarjad, Chromium-extensions
[moving chromium-dev to bcc again, as this really isn't an issue that is on-topic for that mailing list]

Can you explain in more detail what you mean by "... but the source code didn't take the new version ... "?

I assume that you got as far as creating a zip file with your source - when you then tried uploading that to the webstore, did it show you an error message? Can you include a screenshot of that? Also, can you send a copy of the .zip file you were attempting to upload?