Clarification on Developer Program Policies and Webmaster Guidelines

alexander...@gmail.com

May 16, 2018, 5:31:47 AM5/16/18
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce
Hello, I have a website that offers a view/hit counter service for other websites and provides a site ranking primarily for countries in the Caucasus region. Part of the website is a page that acts sort of like a New Tab where Top 10 websites are displayed according to rankings and users can bookmark this page or add it to favorites to easily view it later on. I was thinking about creating a Chrome extension that would serve the following purpose - load the mentioned page in a New Tab of Chrome and act as a speed dial to those Top 10 websites for the mentioned region. I read the  Developer Program Policies and Webmaster Guidelines offered here: https://developer.chrome.com/webstore/program_policies?csw=1#extensions   and here:  https://developer.chrome.com/webstore/program_policies   and singled out the following:
  • Do not post an app where the primary functionality is to link to a website not owned by the developer.
Given that the website I am loading in a New Tab is owned by me and validated using Google webmaster tools, and also would be added as an official website for the Chrome extension, and also the fact that the purpose is to display ranking of top websites that are not associated with me in any way (I am not promoting them, just displaying the rankings however they are) for the mentioned region, does this violate any rules or guidelines?