Chorme Extension - Popup

Inomdzhon Mirdzhamolov

Jul 5, 2016, 5:42:55 PM7/5/16
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce
Hello everybody,

I have next question.
Can I keep my processing in "popup" after close them?
When I started create extension, I didn't know that it's always reinit after open and now I have hope - maybe it's have some options for off this behavior.
Really don't want realisation my idea in "background".

Thanks.

Antony Sargent

Jul 6, 2016, 4:11:13 PM7/6/16
to Inomdzhon Mirdzhamolov, Chromium-Extensions-Announce
Once the popup is closed, the javascript context for it gets torn down, so if you have work you want to continue doing you'll need to use a background page. Note that the background page and popup can get references to each other and access variables / call methods from each other. See the documentation for chrome.extension.getBackgroundPage and chrome.extension.getViews

Inomdzhon Mirdzhamolov