Extension : Force Install, update and not uninstall

Haykel Boukadida

Jun 13, 2017, 3:43:11 AM6/13/17
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce
I'm developing my own chromium extension and i need to deploy it on 10 machines with chromium, I have some questions:

1/ Can i force the installation of the extension on chromium when opened? install it automatically and prohibit the uninstall or the deactivation of the extension.

2/ Chromium can update automatically the extension from my server?

Thank you

Decklin / Deco

Jun 13, 2017, 1:15:04 PM6/13/17
to Haykel Boukadida, Chromium-Extensions-Announce
If you mean can you forcibly install third party extensions into the Chrome browser upon opening the answer is no. What you can do however is pre-install those extensions onto the machines, any updates to the extension are hosted and applied automatically by Chrome after a few hours.

You can forcibly update an extension by clicking "Developer Tools" and clicking "Update extensions now".

Haykel Boukadida

Jun 15, 2017, 9:05:24 AM6/15/17
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce, haykel.b...@gmail.com
Thank you for your reply

I have developped my own extension, I have generated a CRX file, I want to install it on chromium and then do not allow to users to uninstall it. I want that my extension still installed on the browser. How can I do this??