Please un-blacklist AdBlock.

Michael Gundlach

Jul 7, 2014, 2:14:16 PM7/7/14
to Extensions list
Hi developer advocates,

I'm the author of the AdBlock extension.  I've built a security process that periodically audits the contents of the AdBlock extension published in the Web Store, by downloading

and similarly for ID pljaalgmajnlogcgiohkhdmgpomjcihk (AdBlock's beta build.)

Lately, these URLs return 204 No Content, but only for the two IDs above; other IDs correctly send a CRX.  This leads me to believe that my two IDs have been added to a blacklist.

Can I get these two URLs whitelisted, or can you let me know the proper way to programmatically check the current contents of an extension in the Web Store?

Thanks!
Michael

Simon Knott

Jul 8, 2014, 5:04:01 AM7/8/14
to chromium-...@chromium.org
Hi,

We used these URLs for our automated testing and sometime over the last week ours have also changed to a 204 No Content, which is a little frustrating.  I've noticed that it only seems to impact any extensions which are published as unlisted - all of our public extensions can still be accessed through the clients2.google.com URLs.

Cheers,
Simon

Benjamin Kalman

Jul 9, 2014, 8:21:25 PM7/9/14
to Simon Knott, chromium-...@chromium.org
It's not a blacklist. For new items you need to add "&prodversion=<chrome-version>" to that URL, like "&prodversion=35.0.1916.153".

Michael Gundlach

Jul 18, 2014, 3:18:47 PM7/18/14
to Benjamin Kalman, Simon Knott, chromium-...@chromium.org
Thanks for the clarification, Benjamin.  A couple points:

1. &prodversion=32 is the minimum version that currently doesn't fail.  Will =32 always work, or must I keep updating the value as Chrome's latest version progresses?  If so, is there a place to fetch that number from the Web?
2. If this isn't documented somewhere, you might consider documenting it :)

Thanks again,
Michael

PhistucK

Jul 18, 2014, 3:23:37 PM7/18/14
to Michael Gundlach, Benjamin Kalman, Simon Knott, chromium-...@chromium.org

On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 10:18 PM, Michael Gundlach <adblockf...@gmail.com> wrote:
If so, is there a place to fetch that number from the Web?

Benjamin Kalman

Jul 21, 2014, 3:40:10 PM7/21/14
to PhistucK, Michael Gundlach, Simon Knott, chromium-...@chromium.org
Thanks for the tip, I'm not sure where a good place would be to document this, it's pretty niche.