How can I get Google to stop removing my Chrome Extension?

Jesse Calton

Jul 21, 2017, 3:35:42 AM7/21/17
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce
I'm trying to publish a chrome extension called "Run Rickey Run." It's a fun extension that takes every instance of the first-person pronoun and replaces it with the word "Rickey Henderson", and changes the page's color scheme to Oakland A's colors. I've tried publishing it three different times, and each time they say it violates some policy. Tonight they finally sent me an email telling me why:

Dear Developer,

Your item, "Run Rickey Run," with ID: ialhbedbkfalgamaddkalflbnlgeabmc, did not comply with our Developer Program Policies and was removed from the Google Chrome Web store.

Your item did not comply with the following section of our policy:

Products must not contain false or misleading information in any content, title, icon, description, or screenshots. If your app has a blank description field and appears to be suspicious, we may remove it.

If you’d like to re-submit it, please modify the item so that it complies with the policies, then re-publish it in your developer dashboard. Please reply to this email for issues regarding this item removal.

I'm not sure why they won't let me publish it! I've searched other athletes' names on the chrome web store and they've got related apps. Even Michael Jordan's name is on a bunch of them! I'm not using any copyrighted images or "false or misleading information." I'm just trying to make a fun app for Oakland A's fans to enjoy and remember their favorite player.

Just to cover all my bases (pardon the pun), I republished the app w/o Rickey's name. Instead it changes the first person pronouns to "Jimmy," like in that episode of Seinfeld. I even wrote a detailed description. Now I guess I just have to wait 2 days for Google to review it. *sigh*