Extension disabled by itself

Nidal

Feb 24, 2015, 11:00:22 AM2/24/15
to chromium-...@chromium.org
Hi,

 I uploaded a new version of my extension, and users reported that the extension disabled by itself? is it because the new extension set a default page for the new tab?

Thanks
Nidal

Rob Wu

Feb 24, 2015, 5:19:42 PM2/24/15
to Nidal, Chromium-extensions
Could it be caused by a bug in extension verification?

See https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=444085#c25 for debugging instructions.

Kind regards,
 Rob
 https://robwu.nl

Simon Knott

Feb 24, 2015, 5:32:51 PM2/24/15
to chromium-...@chromium.org
Hi,

If you change your permissions, then this tends to disable the extension and the hamburger icon in the top right will turn orange and ask the users to approve the new permissions for the extension.  Unfortunately, most people miss this highlighting and you find your extension just stays disabled.

It's a shame it doesn't pop something up which is a lot more visible to the user.

Cheers,
Simon