chrome.webRequest.onBeforeRequest not getting triggered when chrome.exe is launched with --disable-extensions-file-access-check

Ashish Shivhare

Nov 29, 2016, 12:59:29 PM11/29/16
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce
In my extension, I wanna do some logging with all file:\\ protocol urls & don't want to let user deselect "Allow file urls" check box for extension.

So, I launched chrome with flag : --disable-extensions-file-access-check

But when chrome is launched, i am seeing onBeforeRequest event is not at all getting triggered.

I have mentioned file:\\ in manifest file as well.

Any ideas why the event is not getting triggered ?

PhistucK

Nov 29, 2016, 3:47:24 PM11/29/16
to Ashish Shivhare, Chromium-Extensions-Announce
Just to clarify -
Without the flag but with the file:// access check box ticked (so file:// access is enabled by the user) - you do get onBeforeRequest, right?

PhistucK

Ashish Shivhare

Nov 29, 2016, 10:50:36 PM11/29/16
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce, ashish...@gmail.com
Yes, It works fine without that flag.

But I want to use file:\\\ urls with that flag turned on.

On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 7:59 PM, Ashish Shivhare <ashish...@gmail.com> wrote:
In my extension, I wanna do some logging with all file:\\ protocol urls & don't want to let user deselect "Allow file urls" check box for extension.

So, I launched chrome with flag : --disable-extensions-file-access-check

But when chrome is launched, i am seeing onBeforeRequest event is not at all getting triggered.

I have mentioned file:\\ in manifest file as well.

Any ideas why the event is not getting triggered ?

PhistucK

Nov 30, 2016, 1:56:56 AM11/30/16
to Ashish Shivhare, Chromium-Extensions-Announce
You can search crbug.com for an existing issue and star it. If you cannot find one, file a new issue using the "New issue" link on the same page.
Please, do not add a "+1" or "Me too" or "Confirmed" (or similar) comment. It just wastes the time of Chrome engineers and sends unnecessary e-mails to all of the people who starred the issue.

You can reply with a link to the found or created issue and might get triaged faster.

Do keep in mind that this is a very low priority issue, since using flags is not really supported.

Thank you.

PhistucK