Using Charset iso-8859-1 with native messages

Marcos Fogaca

Aug 27, 2015, 4:15:08 PM8/27/15
to chromium-...@chromium.org
Hi,

I´m developing a Chrome Extension that uses native messaging. I´m calling a .Net program.

When the .Net program returns the message to the extension I´m loosing the correct format of the message.

For example, if I have a message string 'coração' (in portuguese it means heart) the extension is delivering to the web page 'cora??o'.

Is there a way to adjust that behavior?

Regards,
Marcos Fogaça

Tony BenBrahim

Aug 27, 2015, 4:19:45 PM8/27/15
to Marcos Fogaca, Chromium-extensions
It is a problem with your code. Make sure you encode the JSON payload from your native program back to the extension (whether a string or an strings in an object) with UTF-8, or better yet, use a JSON serializer to avoid reinventing the wheel

Tony