Creating Client ID - application type?

Richard Bernstein

Feb 27, 2018, 4:28:51 AM2/27/18
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce
I am trying to create a client ID for an extension. I have a choice of what app type:

Capture.JPG

PhistucK

Feb 27, 2018, 5:54:07 AM2/27/18
to Richard Bernstein, Chromium-Extensions-Announce
I guess Web application, but I cannot guarantee. Anyway, it is not really the right group for such questions. Search for a Google APIs support group/help center.

PhistucK

sivas...@bluejeansnet.com

Feb 27, 2018, 7:25:08 AM2/27/18
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce
It is web application.

Richard Bernstein

Feb 27, 2018, 10:24:25 AM2/27/18
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce
I did what you said and set it to Web Application. Then I copied the Client_id into my manifest.json. Now I am getting: 'bad client id: NON_NATIVE'. I will close this post and start a new one

sivas...@bluejeansnet.com

Feb 27, 2018, 10:29:43 AM2/27/18
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce
Sorry, I was wrong. Chrome App should work. I have used it for using Google Calendar Api in my extension.

Richard Bernstein

Feb 27, 2018, 10:52:54 AM2/27/18
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce
The problem is that the CREATE button for  "Chrome App" is greyed out! I can't choose that one. See the original image above.

PhistucK

Feb 27, 2018, 12:13:46 PM2/27/18
to Richard Bernstein, Chromium-Extensions-Announce
Probably because you have to fill up the URL field. It might even work with a fake ID... I did not try.

PhistucK

Amirul Ayie92

Feb 27, 2018, 12:18:24 PM2/27/18
to PhistucK, Richard Bernstein, Chromium-Extensions-Announce
>> email to chromium-extens...@chromium.org.
> --
> Visit this group at
> https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/group/chromium-extensions/.
> https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/d/msgid/chromium-extensions/CABc02_KSi9zi88JNRKKqZ_ZUDDeXKwRbF41MtNKj-mXQtuN%2Bbg%40mail.gmail.com.

Richard Bernstein

Feb 27, 2018, 3:34:23 PM2/27/18
to Amirul Ayie92, PhistucK, Chromium-Extensions-Announce
Well, it says that i need the

Last part of your app's Chrome Web Store URL

How would I have this if the code is being developed?

>> email to chromium-extensions+unsub...@chromium.org.

>> Visit this group at
>> https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/group/chromium-extensions/.
>> https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/d/msgid/chromium-extensions/ce9c32d1-5e2d-49b1-8b72-44326f1a387f%40chromium.org.

> --

> Visit this group at
> https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/group/chromium-extensions/.

PhistucK

Feb 27, 2018, 4:54:55 PM2/27/18
to Richard Bernstein, Amirul Ayie92, Chromium-Extensions-Announce
Like I mentioned, it might even work with a fake ID (take some web store item URL and replace the ID part with something). I have not tried.

PhistucK