Resources for Creating an Extension That Scrapes Content from Web Sites?

David Mackey

May 1, 2015, 12:02:14 PM5/1/15
to chromium-...@chromium.org
Hi All,

I'm new to writing browser extensions, still reading through all Google's documentation. I was wondering if anyone had worked with extensions that scrape materials from a website? For example, Diigo or Zotero or WordPress' Press This?

Thanks,

Dave

Daniel F

May 2, 2015, 11:22:59 AM5/2/15
to chromium-...@chromium.org
1) Inject a script into the webpage
1.1) The script gets the content of the page
1.2) The script sends the content of the page to your main script

2) Your main script does what it wants with the html.

You will learn the most if you research how to do each of those steps on your own.

If you get stuck on anything, let me know.