Is Flash completely blocked now if part of an extension?

Craig

May 14, 2017, 9:29:31 PM5/14/17
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce
Hello,

     Up until Chrome 57, I could create an extension that loaded a .swf file. Now , in 57, every extension using a swf is blocked. Is this the norm now? I need to know whether or not to bother trying to fix it. I can seem to find a definitive answer. swf will load no problem if they are on a website, but not as an extension.

Thanks
Craig

Decklin / Deco

May 16, 2017, 10:52:31 AM5/16/17
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce
Yes, flash is now completely blocked on Chrome. Flash is an outdated standard and should not be used anyways.

Craig

May 16, 2017, 11:43:21 AM5/16/17
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce
Why can you still load websites with flash then? I don't understand why it will load as a website but not as an extension.