3rd Party Google Chrome Extension Logins Being Blocked by Google due to Security

missmariamac

Jun 23, 2015, 5:38:12 PM6/23/15
to chromium-...@chromium.org
The company I work for has a Google Chrome Extension that requires a google login to enable it. The logins are currently being blocked by Google on first attempt since it is in a different area via IP Address for several customers. We are telling customers that are experiencing these issues to go into their Google device activity and select "that was me" on any of the login attempts from our extension's IP. There are some customers that continue to be blocked even after they confirm that was them attempting to login. Anyone know if there is a workaround or a setting we can have them go to white list our IP Addresses for this?

Tony BenBrahim

Jun 23, 2015, 5:50:30 PM6/23/15
to missmariamac, chromium-...@chromium.org
In my opinion, the "workaround" is to do this correctly. The login should  originate from your user's browser, not from your servers. That would get you a token you can then send to your server to map to a real user.