Bluetooth problems on Chrombook

Marya Predko Brown

Jun 9, 2016, 8:55:07 PM6/9/16
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce
We are developing a chrome Extension that we designed to allow us to program different movements for a robot. The program connects to the robot via bluetooth.

While we have no problems on a Windows PC and Mac, when we are using a chromebook for our program with and have found 2 issues:

1. when we have a connection error, we do not get meaningful message back

2. On a chromebook, after connecting and disconnecting, you cannot reconnect, this is for bluetooth the code works fine for pcs and mac

Chrome api bluetooth page is confusing in terms of trying to find what to exactly call back from the chrome bluetooth source code, we think we need
"onAcceptError" to help display the message.

We have tried "getInfo" and "getAdapterState", but this does not give anything other then "undefined". The chrome app in question allows for people to connect with a robot and program commands on a modified SCRATCH ui.

Marya Predko Brown

Jun 9, 2016, 8:56:39 PM6/9/16
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce

Antony Sargent

Jun 10, 2016, 4:52:26 PM6/10/16
to Marya Predko Brown, Chromium-Extensions-Announce
Would you mind creating a bug report including some source code that demonstrates the problem, and some information about which kind of chromebook you were using and the particular bluetooth hardware device it was interfacing with (at least the name of the robot, or more details if you have them)?

Once you've created an entry, reply back here with the bug number and I can try and get it routed to the right people.

Marya Predko Brown

Jun 12, 2016, 5:34:43 PM6/12/16
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce, exmorti...@gmail.com
Antony,

Thank you for the quick reply - I'll put together a simple Chrome App and post it back here and then put in a bug report.