Chrome Apps on Chromebook do NOT work with proxy

Ankit Agarwal

Jan 19, 2017, 5:58:58 AM1/19/17
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce

I am working on an extension where proxy is set through my extension using chrome extension proxy api(chrome.proxy.settings). Everything works fine and I get all web traffic on my proxy server. However, Chrome Apps seems to have problem with proxy set.

A few apps say web whatsapp seem to work okay while other apps like learning ally or google keep etc doesn't work at all. Throws error message as Cannot connect to server. Please check your connection.

why such chrome app would throw a internet connection error? Do some chrome apps detect proxy and not work if proxy is set?

I am trying to google things but with no success yet. Anyone faced a similar issue? Any help will be appreciated.