Reverse Extension ID Search

JBeardNC

Oct 7, 2014, 2:26:23 PM10/7/14
to chromium-...@chromium.org
I've gathered a list of all of the extensions that my users have installed in order to set up the whitelist of the ones we approve of in the group policy (before we apply it to them). I wrote a Powershell script to export the folder names from the Extensions folder within their user profile to a text file and then combined all of the results into a spreadsheet. So all I have are several dozen extension ID's and I'm looking for a way to do a reverse lookup to figure out which extension it is. I can try Googling all of them but looking for a better method so I don't have to weed through the results.

Is there a way to search by extension ID?

Scott Fujan

Oct 7, 2014, 2:43:01 PM10/7/14
to JBeardNC, Chromium-extensions

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/[ext_id]

On Oct 7, 2014 1:26 PM, "JBeardNC" <jvbea...@gmail.com> wrote:
I've gathered a list of all of the extensions that my users have installed in order to set up the whitelist of the ones we approve of in the group policy (before we apply it to them). I wrote a Powershell script to export the folder names from the Extensions folder within their user profile to a text file and then combined all of the results into a spreadsheet. So all I have are several dozen extension ID's and I'm looking for a way to do a reverse lookup to figure out which extension it is. I can try Googling all of them but looking for a better method so I don't have to weed through the results.

Is there a way to search by extension ID?

Grunt D

Mar 16, 2017, 4:45:38 AM3/16/17
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce, jvbea...@gmail.com
Found this post whilst searching for the same thing, but never found anything. So made my own.

$URI = 'https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/'
$app_ID = 'bnmgbcehmiinmmlmepibeeflglhbhlea'

$data = Invoke-WebRequest -Uri ($URI + $app_ID) | select Content
$data = $data.Content
# Regex which pulls the title from og:title meta property
$title = [regex] '(?<=og:title" content=")([\S\s]*?)(?=">)'
write-output $title.Match($data).value.trim()

You can easily extend this to loop through a CSV of extensions.

On Tuesday, 7 October 2014 19:43:01 UTC+1, Scott wrote:
On Oct 7, 2014 1:26 PM, "JBeardNC" <jvbea...@gmail.com> wrote:
I've gathered a list of all of the extensions that my users have installed in order to set up the whitelist of the ones we approve of in the group policy (before we apply it to them). I wrote a Powershell script to export the folder names from the Extensions folder within their user profile to a text file and then combined all of the results into a spreadsheet. So all I have are several dozen extension ID's and I'm looking for a way to do a reverse lookup to figure out which extension it is. I can try Googling all of them but looking for a better method so I don't have to weed through the results.

Is there a way to search by extension ID?

Demar Joseph

Jan 23, 2019, 8:26:03 PM1/23/19
to Chromium Extensions, jvbea...@gmail.com
Unfortunately this method doesn't seem to work anymore, in the same boat

Guido Smit

Jan 30, 2019, 5:06:41 AM1/30/19
to Chromium Extensions, jvbea...@gmail.com, demar...@gmail.com
Hey Demar,

Are you sure of this?  Querying a couple of my local extension ID's still works for me. Perhaps the ID's expire quickly?

As example, my local Gmail extension:  https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/pjkljhegncpnkpknbcohdijeoejaedia

Demar Joseph

Jan 30, 2019, 7:26:15 AM1/30/19
to Chromium Extensions, jvbea...@gmail.com
Guido!

Interesting, only tried a couple then gave up.  They may have been removed from store..... should go thru my entire list.  Will try again.

Thanks Guido!