Chrome extension not working with Protractor due to security restriction

Timo Engelhardt

Oct 8, 2014, 10:36:10 AM10/8/14
to chromium-...@chromium.org
I've been trying out protractor for e2e testing with our Chrome extension. Protractor needs to inject scripts into the site that is supposed to be tested using chromeDriver.executeScript() . Since it is a chrome-extension:// url, scripts can't be injected. Running the extension from a local server instead would defeat the purpose of e2e testing as all the Chrome extension specific APIs need to be stubbed. Therefor I propose a switch similar to the "--extensions-on-chrome-urls" to allow script injection into chrome-extension:// urls. What dou you think?
Message has been deleted

Timo Engelhardt

Oct 8, 2014, 11:36:43 AM10/8/14
to iza, chromium-...@chromium.org
Thanks for the fast reply! I'm aware of the "extensions-on-chrome-urls" flag. According to the documentation it enables extensions running scripts on chrome:// URLs but not on chrome-extension:// urls. Besides the access is not needed for a chrome extension but for the ChromeDriver. Or dose Chrome treat ChromeDriver like a Chrome extension?

On Wed, Oct 8, 2014 at 4:53 PM, iza <iza.bil...@gmail.com> wrote:
There is a flag already
chrome://flags/#extensions-on-chrome-urls