How often do extensions update themselves?

Asad Dhamani

Apr 28, 2015, 6:29:26 PM4/28/15
to chromium-...@chromium.org
An extension that I minified and tested locally(after minification) stopped working once I published it to the store. This was an update to the extension, and the non-minified version works just fine on the Web Store. The minified version works fine on my dev machine. Once I noticed the issue(within minutes), I immediately published a new, non-minified version to the app store. I read on stackoverflow that extensions have a 5-hour update check frequency. So, if I publish updates to an extension in quick succession, will it first update to, say, from 1.0 to 1.1, and then update to 1.1.1 5 hours later? Or will it update to 1.1.1 directly from 1.0 whenever it checks for updates next?