Chrome developer account suspended .Help Needed.

Bhuwan Bharat

May 11, 2018, 4:45:18 AM5/11/18
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce

Our two very popular extensions has been taken down since our developer account has been suspended.

1.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tatkal-for-sure-irctc-tat/mjibdhifibokijabebohlhfnmljbleff

It is an extension with  a user base of 2,20,000 + users and over 14k reviews on chrome store with a rating of 4.7.This extension helps indian users to book their train tickets by auto filling their journey details.

We have received mail regarding it violating the following section of your policy:

“An extension should have a single purpose that is clear to users. Do not create an extension that requires users to accept bundles of unrelated functionality, such as an email notifier and a news headline aggregator. If two pieces of functionality are clearly separate, they should be put into two different extensions, and users should have the ability to install and uninstall them separately.

For example, an extension that provides a broad array of functionalities on the New Tab Page/ Start-up Page but also changes the default search are better delivered as separate extensions, so that users can select the services they want.”

But did not receive  any mail specifying any  details regarding which piece of code is violating it. We did not have anything in specific which was active code which was adding any other functionality for users other than train booking. We have double checked and removed any code that might be remotely related to shopping. We also asked them to please guide us if they have seen any specific instance of code (Keyword or file name) that seems to be not related.

For shopping related functionality we have a separate extension for that that is Buyhatke.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/buyhatke/jaehkpjddfdgiiefcnhahapilbejohhj

It also has a user base of 2,50,000 users and around 4k reviews with a rating of 4.4.

As the dev account is suspended right now our other extensions are also not live for the users.

We clearly have 2 seperate extensions following single purpose policy according to the guidelines of chromestore.

It’s a humble request to review it once again and we are willing to make any necessary change specified by you quickly. And would want their guidance in getting the extensions restored on the chromestore. .

The only reply we got from their side was

Thank you for contacting the Chrome Web Store team to appeal your account suspension.

We have reviewed your case carefully, and due to repeated violations of our Terms of Service and Program Policies, we will not re-instate your developer account.

We need help to short it out.

Gaurav Kumar

May 19, 2018, 3:41:35 PM5/19/18
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce
Hey any update from chorme ?

Bhuwan Bharat

May 22, 2018, 3:52:25 AM5/22/18
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce
We are expecting a genuine reply from
google chrome Webstore. Till now we have not received anything yet.
Message has been deleted