disable developer mode extensions popup (how can i disable it?)

youtuber

May 17, 2016, 9:56:43 AM5/17/16
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce
I am a Google Chrome Web Store developer and, as a result, I always have a few extensions open in developer mode so it gets quite annoying to have to cancel the "Disable developer mode extensions" warning that prompts every time I start Google Chrome. there is any way to close this popup?

Antony Sargent

May 17, 2016, 12:46:07 PM5/17/16
to youtuber, Chromium-Extensions-Announce
Sorry, we had to make this always pop up due to abusive behavior by malware force-installing extensions that users didn't want.

On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 6:56 AM, youtuber <enuqid...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am a Google Chrome Web Store developer and, as a result, I always have a few extensions open in developer mode so it gets quite annoying to have to cancel the "Disable developer mode extensions" warning that prompts every time I start Google Chrome. there is any way to close this popup?

zorro

Sep 19, 2016, 7:44:08 AM9/19/16
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce, enuqid...@gmail.com
I understand the reasons why it's there, but would be nice if we could disable it explicitly.

Dne úterý 17. května 2016 18:46:07 UTC+2 Antony Sargent napsal(a):
Sorry, we had to make this always pop up due to abusive behavior by malware force-installing extensions that users didn't want.

On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 6:56 AM, youtuber <enuqid...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am a Google Chrome Web Store developer and, as a result, I always have a few extensions open in developer mode so it gets quite annoying to have to cancel the "Disable developer mode extensions" warning that prompts every time I start Google Chrome. there is any way to close this popup?

wOxxOm

Sep 19, 2016, 12:39:46 PM9/19/16
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce, enuqid...@gmail.com
Chrome is the leading browser and thus targeted at the not too savvy majority of userbase. If you're a developer, it's obvious the warning makes the browser totally unusable for certain development scenarios, but you can manually disable it by whitelisting your extensions https://stackoverflow.com/a/38011386 or even patch chrome.dll with DevWarningPatch.bat
Message has been deleted

Barumboy

Jun 2, 2017, 4:38:38 AM6/2/17
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce
Straight from the RoboForm Horses mouth:

To suppress the developer mode extension warning, please:
- click Chrome > More tools > Extensions to open the list of Chrome extensions;
- un-check the "Developer mode" box at the top of the Extensions page;
- find RoboForm on the Chrome extensions page;
- click Uninstall (the trash can button) on the right of RoboForm to uninstall the extension from the browser;
- restart Chrome;
- Chrome will ask you if you'd like to enable or remove RoboForm, please enable it.

Simple, and it worked.

Decklin / Deco

Jun 13, 2017, 1:20:43 PM6/13/17
to Barumboy, Chromium-Extensions-Announce
There is an easier way - editing the .DLL file. Note: this method must be applied on each update of Chrome.

Download a .dll file editor and open chrome.dll. Find the line known as "Developer" and locate "Developer Extension warning", simply change a singular part of the HEX and then save the file and reboot Chrome.

nintend...@gmail.com

Jun 22, 2018, 5:55:03 PM6/22/18
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce, m.arn...@gmail.com
you can go straight to hell