Whether can we debug

Sai Shivani Moram

Feb 17, 2015, 1:45:52 AM2/17/15
to chromium-...@chromium.org
 Hii folks,

I want to know that whether we can debug the Authorize code or not in Javascript. While developing chrome extension.

Thanks,
Shivani.

Reilly Grant

Feb 17, 2015, 4:49:16 PM2/17/15
to Sai Shivani Moram, chromium-...@chromium.org
Can you be more specific about what component you are trying to debug? I do not know what "Authorize" is. If it is a Javascript library then yes, you can debug it with the developer tools.

Sai Shivani Moram

Feb 18, 2015, 3:17:08 AM2/18/15
to chromium-...@chromium.org, moramsa...@gmail.com
Dear Reilly Grant,

Ok thanks for your reply. Actually I am debugging using F12 Developer tools. Can you please suggest me if there are any other better tools than this for debugging the code.

Thanks,
Shivani.

Reilly Grant

Feb 18, 2015, 11:21:54 AM2/18/15
to Sai Shivani Moram, chromium-...@chromium.org

I'm confused, "F12 Developer Tools" is a product by Microsoft for Internet Explorer. For debugging Chrome extensions you want to use the developer tools built into Chrome. To debug an extension go to chrome://inspect, click "extensions" and select the extension background page you want to debug. Content scripts can be debugged by expecting the page they are injected into.

Sai Shivani Moram

Feb 19, 2015, 6:45:47 AM2/19/15
to chromium-...@chromium.org, moramsa...@gmail.com

Dear Reilly Grant,

Sorry, Actually after loading the extension I go directly to the web page and debug the code using F12 key. So, Only I mentioned like that. Yes of course "F12 Developer Tools" is an debugging tool for Internet Explorer.

Anyhow, At present I am working on modification of code for doing auto-tagging of labels in Gmail. Hear I am facing a problem like I want to get an output in the below format

v-project
v-project/ProjectLabels
v-project/voltas test 1234
v-project/voltas test 1234/Engineering

But I am getting the output in this format as I am using encodeURIComponent() in javascript

&acn=v-project&acn=v-project/ProjectLabels&acn=v-project/voltas%20test%201234&acn=v-project/voltas%20test%201234/Engineering:

So, Can you please suggest me any other alternative method to get the expected output.

Thanks,
Shivani.

Reilly Grant

Feb 20, 2015, 2:07:15 PM2/20/15
to Sai Shivani Moram, chromium-...@chromium.org
I suggest you ask this question, with example code you have tried to use, on StackOverflow. There are many more experts there who can help you with manipulating HTML and Javascript.