New Gmail UI User.Drafts.Send API - Problem retrieving email message sent to myself

kate...@test.tituscloud.com

May 17, 2018, 2:52:55 PM5/17/18
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce

Hello everyone,

I am having a weird behaviour with the new Gmail UI update with the Users.drafts: send API. (https://developers.google.com/gmail/api/v1/reference/users/drafts/send)

https://www.googleapis.com/upload/gmail/v1/users/me/drafts/send?uploadType=multipart

I do provide a payload when calling the API.  When I use the API in the new Gmail UI and send the email to myself, I cannot retrieve the email message.  It shows in my inbox but when I click on the message, I get an error saying, “The conversation that you requested could not be loaded”.  However, when I switch back to the old Gmail UI I have no problem retrieving the message.  The API works when sending email to other recipients.

I have tried this in the OAuth 2.0 playground and the Gmail API site to isolate the send API by sending the email to myself.  I get the 200 response and the API have successfully sent the email.  But, the same thing happens when I go to the new Gmail UI vs the old Gmail UI.

I have no idea why this is happening.  I am hoping someone could explain this to me.

Thank you for your help.

PhistucK

May 17, 2018, 4:28:25 PM5/17/18
to kate...@test.tituscloud.com, Chromium-extensions
Just to verify the relevance to this group - are you trying to do this from within a Chrome extension?

PhistucK

kate...@test.tituscloud.com

PhistucK

Spartan

May 18, 2018, 2:46:04 PM5/18/18
to phis...@gmail.com, chromium-...@chromium.org
I will give that a try.  Thank you so much for your response.