Getting a unique identifier for use in a Chrome Extension (i.e. Serial Number)

瀏覽次數:1,039 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Tony

未讀,
2016年8月22日 下午4:20:562016/8/22
收件者:Chromium-Extensions-Announce
I'm a Chrome Device Management Console user. I administer a network of ChromeOS devices and run 'Kiosk' software on them. Digital Signage.

I can see the status of each ChromeOS device - offline / online, last check-in, WiFi strength, all sorts of stuff. Each device is identified via the Serial Number.

However - my custom built Chrome Extension running this Digital Signage has no way (that I know of) of retrieving the serial number.

We run different 'playlists' of content on every installation. So while the boxes can be running the same software, they need to be configured with a unique identifier so we can send the right information to each device. We currently configure this manually before deployment.

Where we run into problems is if the local data on the Chrome device is reset for any reason, erasing our unique identifier. In the worst case scenario, which happened this weekend, the local data can be erased from every device as a result of an unrelated setting change on the Management Console.

Is there any way for us to get any unique identifier, and ideally the Serial Number? I know it's a security / privacy hole, but under our use case:
  1. We own & administer the Chrome Devices
  2. We own & administer the sole Kiosk application running on the devices
  3. The Chrome devices lock out user log-in, so users can't give us data if they tried
  4. We already have comprehensive and unique data about each device via the Chrome Device Management Console
Ideas? Suggestions? And where can I send this to the attention of the Google for Work team?
Thanks all.

Ashtokcat

未讀,
2016年8月22日 下午4:41:142016/8/22
收件者:Chromium-Extensions-Announce
I'm interested about this, too.

Have you tried enterprise_deviceAttributes? It looks like an answer, but I'm having trouble simulating the "pre-installed policy" in sandbox.

Tony

未讀,
2016年8月23日 下午3:26:182016/8/23
收件者:Chromium-Extensions-Announce
That seems to be the ticket, then pairing it with the return value from ChromeOsDevices:list
So this is the answer, but yes, seems like it's impossible to simulate. Only was to test is with a live, registered Chrome device.
回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄
0 則新訊息